Property leasing and licensing

A part your ministry you may consider leasing or licensing all or part of a Church property – this might include sharing your space with local community groups or a child-care centre.

Before you start it’s important to understand what’s involved, including the legal requirements and any documents that you need to use to protect both the Church and the tenant/group using the space. 

Our experienced Fresh Hope Property Services team is here to support and guide you along the way.

Where do I start?

  • contact our Fresh Hope Property Services team for guidance and support
  • contact the Churches of Christ Property Trust – all lease or license agreements must be reviewed and signed by the Trust.
  • identify the legal documents you need such as tenancy agreements, condition reports, termination agreements or licensing agreements
  • seek legal advice to review and draft other documents, e.g. commercial leases

What resources are available?

Our Fresh Hope Property Services team has created resources and templates for our churches such as licensing and sub-licensing agreements. Contact the property team to find out about resources that are available for you to use.    

The NSW Department of Fair Trading also has information, templates and resources to help you with leasing a property.

Icon external link

Department of Fair Trading

Has information and resources to help with leasing property.

Icon external link

Residential Tenancy Agreement

A legal document that sets out the terms and conditions of the lease.

Icon external link

Condition Report

records the condition of the property prior to and at the end of the tenancy.

Icon external link

New Tenant Checklist

a checklist for tenants before they sign a lease.

Icon external link

Notice to terminate agreement

advises a tenant of your intention to terminate the tenancy

See also...


Fresh Hope Property Services

(02) 8573 6000

[email protected]



Twitter    Facebook    Email    Instagram