Ongoing professional development
Ongoing Professional Development (OPD)
At Fresh Hope we recognise that ongoing professional development is more than simply building skills and knowledge. We understand that continuous learning for ministers needs to be balanced, helpful and practical while maintaining high professional standards.
Our central themes for ongoing professional development for endorsed ministers are:
- spiritual wellbeing
Through ongoing professional development, we encourage our endorsed ministers to relationally connect with others across the Fresh Hope family, as well as build strong theological understanding and spiritual wellbeing.
Endorsed ministers and OPD
Endorsed Fresh Hope ministers are expected to commit to ongoing professional development. The centrepiece of OPD is attending Collective – our annual conference for endorsed ministers and church leaders. This event achieves all three core objectives, and therefore attendance of at least one day at Collective each year is mandatory.
Each year endorsed ministers will need to undertake OPD activities to meet the minimum requirement of OPD points.
- Endorsed, Provisionally and Specially Endorsed: 6 points/year
- Student Minister and Locally Endorsed: 4 points/year
The OPD reporting period is from 1 July to 30 June each year.
Undertaking OPD activities helps to ensure that, as an endorsed minister, you can maintain and grow your spiritual wellbeing and minister to others from a place of spiritual health.
Examples of some of the activities that might be recognised for OPD are:
- attending the annual Fresh Hope Collective (1 day mandatory per year)
- being mentored by a qualified spiritual mentor.
- being mentored by a qualified professional (pastoral) supervisor.
- participating in a recognised accountability group.
- serving on a Fresh Hope Agency Board.
- undertaking recognised ministry training through ACOM or Fresh Hope.
Recording OPD activities
As an endorsed minister you are required to record your OPD activities with Fresh Hope. You can log your activities through the Ministry Portal.
If you are a new member, or don’t have a login, you’ll be asked to create an account.
Upcoming OPD events
Fresh Hope ongoing professional development events and training are run throughout the year. If there are no events shown here please check back later or contact us to find out about the next opportunity for OPD.
- Pilgrimage 3 – 4 May 2021 (Register HERE)
- Collective 3 – 6 November 2021
For registered ministry training, visit ACOM
Keep up-to-date with the Fresh Hope movement! Subscribe to get the latest news, events, insights, innovations and more delivered straight to your inbox.